JOIN OUR TEAM!
Cook Space Brooklyn is hiring teaching assistants. We are devoted to teaching people how to build their culinary confidence by playing with the process, exploring ingredients, and deepening your understanding of food.
What we're looking for:
- Cooking experience including familiarity with ingredients, cooking techniques, equipment, and safety guidelines.
- Individuals with either a culinary degree and 1-year of food service experience or at least 2-years of food service experience—back of house or front of house.
- Hard working, warm and outgoing with the ability to be patient, flexible and attentive.
- High standards for punctuality, organization and cleanliness.
- Kindness and generosity with a spirit of hospitality and service.
- Creating a safe and clean learning environment and kitchen for guests and staff.
- Assisting the instructors with class preparation including set-up, organization, execution, breakdown, and clean-up.
- Providing warmth and hospitality to our guests.
- Coordination and communication with instructor and school staff about class set-up and any troubleshooting.
What you get:
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Delicious lunch (and snacks) prepared by people who care about what you eat.
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing business.
Please send us a resume and cover letter that includes a paragraph describing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org